Commercial Assistant Project Manager: Trenton, NJ
My long-term client is seeking an APM with a minimum of 2 years of Ground up. Commercial construction experience. This position will report to an on-site PM.
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating day to day work of $25M+ projects with the construction team.
- Work with a mentor to develop skills as a PM.
- Work with clients and subs on RFP, RFI, change orders, and submittals
- Cost control/billings/collections/change management/cash flows/monthly status reports.
- Support on-site team with resources and scheduling information.
- Coordinate and manage the execution of planning and scheduling of projects.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent listening and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to create and support team morale.
- Desire to learn and advance to a PM role.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management and/or scheduling software.
- 2+ years of experience in commercial construction – Ground up is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
This position is salaried.
For more information, contact Jim Lappin at Jlappin@mricr.com or at (319) 286-4726