Light Industrial Project Manager
My long term client is seeking a project manager with a minimum of 5 years of Light Industrial construction experience. This individual will be ultimately responsible for the day-to-day execution, project controls, project engineering, cost, risk and business management of the project.
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
- Management of all project team members (senior project engineer, project engineers, superintendents, and field office coordinator).
- Mentor, develop and train project engineers for fast-paced growth.
- 100% detailed/hands-on knowledge of project scope.
- Cost control/billings/collections/change management/cash flows/monthly status reports.
- Key point of contact with owner and architect.
- Challenge and support job site and self-perform work team.
- Accountable for project completion and financials, critical success factors, and customer satisfaction results.
- Coordinate and manage the execution of planning and scheduling of projects.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent listening and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to create and support team morale.
- Demonstrated understanding of building processes and systems.
- Work scope requires complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 5+ years of experience in commercial construction – Light Industrial is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
This position is salaried, and includes a car allowance, full Employee health benefits and bonus.
For more information, contact Jim Lappin at Jlappin@mricr.com or at (319) 286-4726